CAM SHAFT SESNOR (KIA-PRIDE)
This sensor is located at the end of the throttle valve and opposite a circular appendage. This sensor consists of an element and a semiconductor piece that passes through it which works with Hall magnetic effect so that the flow inside this sensor is diverted by a magnetic field and the voltage at the two sides of the it changes and creates square pulses.
The electric circuit of this sensor has a tripod socket which their component are:
- +12V or +5V Power supply
- Sending a square-shaped domain signal (to identify cylinders)
- Body connection wire
The most important functions of the Cam Shaft sensor are:
- Separating cylinder number one position at a high die point relative to the position declared by the Crank Shaft sensor.
- Controlling the coil and injectors to work in order.
- Controlling the amount of spark advance to prevent the shock or knocking phenomenon.
- Identifying of cylinders for spark and injection at different stages.
- Defining the incomplete ignition
In the event of a malfunctioning of this sensor, the vehicle will not work fluently. It should be noted that the Cam Shaft Sensor is used in vehicles with sequential injectors and In the case of a breakdown, the fuel injection will convert from the sequential mode to the semi-arranged fuel injection mode will increase the fuel consumption.